JBL GO: Unboxing and Review

5:33 pm

Music is and will always be my form of escape. Whenever I feel stressed over work, or even at times I run out of ideas, I lean on to music. It has been my passion ever since I was a kid, that's why I taught myself to play the piano and guitar - thinking I'd be an awesome rockstar when I grow up (clearly, that did not happen).

I love to listen to different genres: Classical piano and guitar, acoustic, punk rock, EDM, tropical, and my all-time fave, alternative. I also love the Spotify App because it keeps me updated with the latest hits in all those genres, however, I am never fully satisfied listening through my phone's built in speaker because to me, it's very "generic". That's why I've decided to buy a bluetooth speaker.

I've been wanting to buy a JBL mini speaker and my first choice was actually the JBL Clip 2 speakers. Since I am very "economical", I thought of buying something within my budget, hence, JBL GO.

The JBL GO brings JBL Quality Sound Everywhere

Compact size. Big sound.

Your all-in-one speaker solution, the GO streams music via Bluetooth from smartphones and tablets, powered by a rechargeable battery with up to 5 hours of playtime. It is also equipped with a convenient noise-cancelling speakerphone, allowing you to pick up calls without turning your speaker off.

Available in 8 vibrant colors with a smooth and durable double-injection finishing, the JBL GO provides exciting, eye-catching contrast wherever it goes and easily compliments anyone’s style. A built-in strap-hook and optional carrying strap, allows you to bring your music everywhere. In a world where style and audio go hand in hand, the JBL GO is everyone’s perfect companion.

I bought mine from Lazada but if you're from CDO, you can buy it directly at the JBL store for about Php1,200.00 more or less. The reason why I bought mine from Lazada was because it was on sale! I got mine for only Php950.00. However, I did had some hesitations buying the speaker from the online store mainly because I was too conscious of the item's authenticity.
When I got my item, I immediately checked if the item I got was an original item. I was able to speak with one of the CSRs of Harman and I got a confirmation that it is indeed 100% authentic. Kudos to Lazada for having trustworthy sellers! Now, without further ado, let me show you what's inside the box!
Well, apparently, not much. What you get inside the box are basic stuff:

  • JBL GO
  • Micro USB Cable
  • Quick-start Guide
  • Safety Sheet

 The speaker has a mesh finish at the front. On top of the device are dedicated buttons: Power button, bluetooth pairing, volume down, volume up, call receive button.
 On one side, you have dedicated ports:

  • Audio port (In case you don't have a bluetooth device to pair)
  • Micro USB port
  • Microphone
You can also take in calls by pressing the call button.

On the other side, there's a hole where you could loop through a lanyard. It would've have been awesome if JBL provided a lanyard as an added accessory though.

PROS

  • Affordable
  • Compact
  • Comes in trendy and vibrant colors
  • Sound quality

CONS
  • No Bass/sub-bass sound
  • Lanyard holes (why?)
  • Rubberized finish attracts dirt
I have posted a review on my Youtube channel too. You might wanna check it out to have a better idea on the sound quality.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

You can write down any comments and suggestions below.

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images